Updated on 23/10/2020
Basic data protection information
Controller: 1881 HOTELS, S.L.U. (HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN)
Purpose: The provision of online booking services, managing website users, commercial communications relating to our services, managing data provided by candidates for staff selection processes.
The data subject’s consent, contract performance, legitimate interest and compliance with legal obligations
Recipients: Data will not be shared with third parties unless:
- It is a legal requirement.
- With companies specialising in staff-selection processes and analysis of profiles for candidates for a position.
Rights: To access, rectify and erase data and other rights as explained in the additional information.
Additional information: You can consult additional detailed information about data protection in the attached clauses at: https://www.hotelbalnearivichycatalan.cat/es/politica-de-privacidad.
At 1881 HOTELS, S.L.U. (HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN) we work to offer you the best possible experience through our products and services. In some cases, it is necessary to gather information to achieve this. Your privacy matters to us and we believe that we should be transparent in this regard.
Therefore, and in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) on the Protection of Natural Persons with Regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of Such Data, and Spanish Law 34/2002, of 11 July, regarding Information Society and Electronic Commerce Services (“LSSI”), HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN informs the user that, as the controller, it will add the personal data users provide to a computerised file.
Our commitment starts with us setting out the following:
- Data are collected to improve the user experience, in accordance with their interests and needs.
- We are transparent in relation to the data we obtain about you and the reason for which we do so.
- Our intention is to offer you the best possible experience. Therefore, when we use your personal information, we always do so in accordance with the regulations, and when necessary, we will ask for your consent.
- We understand that your data belong to you. Therefore, if you decide not to authorise us to process them, you can ask us not to process them.
- Our priority is to guarantee your security and process your data in accordance with European regulations.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Corporate name: 1881 HOTELS, S.L.U.
Trade name: HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN
Registered office: Avinguda Dr. Furest, 32 de 17455 CALDES DE MALAVELLA (Girona)
Company Tax Code No.: B-64301708
HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN has appointed an internal contact person to coordinate adaptation within its organisation. If you want to make a consultation relating to the processing of your personal data, you can contact this person using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data that the user might provide:
- Name, address and date of birth.
- National identity document, passport.
- Telephone number and email address.
- Information about payments and refunds.
- Information about bookings made by users.
- Information relating to basic health data in order to use the specific thermal spa services that the spa offers.
- IP address, date and time at which you accessed our services, internet browser used and data about the operating system of the device.
- Any other information or data that you decide to share with us.
- In some cases, it is obligatory to complete the registration form to access and use particular services provided on the website; similarly, not providing the personal data requested or not accepting this data protection policy will make it impossible to subscribe for, register for or participate in any of the promotions in which personal data is requested.
Why do we process your data?
At HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN we process the information data subjects provide to us for the following purposes:
- Managing bookings or contracting our services, either online or by telephone.
- Managing the sending of information requested from us.
- Managing data provided by job applicants in their CV for the sole purpose of carrying out the staff selection process.
- Carrying out marketing actions and maintaining and managing the relationship with the user, as well as to manage the services offered through the website and information activities. This may include carrying out automatic evaluations, obtaining profiles and performing client segmentation tasks with the aim of personalising service in accordance with the characteristics and needs of clients and improving their online experience. Implementing and managing any contests, draws or other promotional activities that might be organised.
- In some cases it will be necessary to provide information to the Authorities or third-party companies for reasons of auditing, as well as to handle personal data from invoices, contracts and documents to respond to complaints from clients or from Public Authorities
- We inform you that any personal data obtained as a consequence of your registering as a user will form part of the Record of Processing Activities (RPA), which will be updated periodically in accordance with what is stated in the GDPR.
What is the legal basis for processing your data?
Processing of your data can be based on the following legal bases:
- The data subject’s consent for the contracting of services and products, for contact forms, requests for information or signing up for newsletters.
- Legitimate interest for processing our clients’ data in direct marketing actions and express consent of the data subject for anything relating to automatic evaluations and creation of profiles.
- The existence of a contractual or precontractual relationship with the data subjects.
- Complying with legal obligations for fraud prevention, disclosure to public authorities and complaints from third parties.
How long do we keep your data?
The processing of data for the purposes described will be continued for the time required to comply with the purpose of collecting them (for example, for the duration of the commercial relationship), and to comply with the legal obligations that derive from the processing of data.
The CVs of unsuccessful candidates in staff selection processes will be stored for one year from receipt.
Which recipients will we share your data with?
In some cases, and only when necessary, HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN will provide users’ data to third parties. However, your data will never be sold to third parties. External providers of services (for example, payment providers or delivery companies) that HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN works with may use the data to provide the corresponding services, however, they will not use this information for their own purposes or share it with third parties.
HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN sets out to guarantee the security of personal data when they are sent outside the company and ensures that third-party service providers respect the confidentiality and have suitable personal data protection measures. These third parties have the obligation to guarantee that the information is processed in accordance with the data protection regulations.
In some cases, the law may require personal data to be shared with public entities or other parties. Only what is strictly necessary to comply with these legal obligations will be shared.
The personal data obtained may also be shared with other companies in the group.
Where are your data stored?
In general, the data are stored within the EU. In the case of data that are sent to third parties that do not belong to the EU, we will ensure that they offer a sufficient level of protection, either because they have Binding Corporate Rules (BCR), Standard Clauses or because they have signed-up to the “Privacy Shield” or an equivalent new agreement.
What rights do you have and how can you exercise them?
You can send communications and exercise your rights by sending a request to the email address: email@example.com.
Under the GDPR, you can request:
- Right of access: you can request information about the personal data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you can notify us of any change to your personal data.
- Right of erasure and right to be forgotten: you can request the elimination after blocking of your personal data.
- Right of restriction of processing: this involves the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Right of objection: you can withdraw your consent to the processing of data, objecting to their continued processing
- Right to portability: in some cases, you can request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for transmission to another controller.
- The right not to be the object of individual decisions: you can ask that decisions are not taken based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produce legal effects or similarly significantly affects you as the data subject.
In some cases, your request can be rejected if you ask for the elimination of data that are necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Similarly, if you have any complaints about the processing of your data, you can lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Who is responsible for the accuracy and veracity of the data provided?
The user is solely responsible for the veracity and correctness of the data included, releasing HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN from any liability in this respect. Users guarantee and are liable, in any case, for the accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal data they provide, and they undertake to keep them appropriately up-to-date. The user agrees to provide complete and correct information on the registration or subscription form. HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN reserves the right to terminate any services contracted with users in the event that the data provided are false, incomplete, inaccurate or are not up to date.
HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN is not liable for the veracity of any information that it has not produced itself and for which another source is stated, and so it also does not accept any responsibility for any potential damage that might derive from the use of this information.
HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN reserves the right to update, alter or eliminate the information contained on its webpages and may also restrict or not allow access to this information. HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN is not liable for any damage the user might suffer as a consequence of errors, defects or omissions in the information provided by HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN whenever it comes from sources outside its control.
Similarly, the user states that he or she is over 14-years old and has the necessary legal capacity to consent to the processing of his or her personal data.
How do we process the personal data of children?
In principle, our products or services are not specifically aimed at children. However, in the event that any of them are aimed at persons aged under 14, in accordance with article 8 of the GDPR and section 7 of Spanish Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December on the Protection of Personal Data and Guaranteeing Digital Rights (LOPDGDD), in order to process children’s personal data, HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN will require the valid, free, clear, specific and informed consent of their legal guardians. In this case, the national identity card or another form of identification of the person who gives consent will be required.
In the case of persons aged over 14, data may be processed with the consent of the user, except for those cases in which the law requires the assistance of the bearers of the parental authority or guardianship.
What security measures do we use to protect your data?
HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN has adopted the legally required levels of security for protecting personal data and will endeavour to install any other additional technical means and measures available to it to avoid the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access or theft of Personal Data provided to HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN.
HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN is not liable for any potential damages that might derive from disturbances, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone faults or disconnections in the operation of this electronic system, motivated by causes outside the control of HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN; for delays or blockages in the use of this electronic system caused by deficiencies or overloading of telephone lines or overloading in the Data Processing Centre, in the internet system or in other electronic systems, as well as damage that might be caused by third persons through unlawful intrusions that are outside the control of HOTEL BALNEARI VICHY CATALAN. Notwithstanding this, users must be aware that internet security measures on the internet are not impregnable.
Links to websites
However, users who do not want to install cookies on their hard drive have the option of configuring their browser to prevent the installation of these files. For more information consult our Cookies Policy https://www.hotelbalnearivichycatalan.cat/es/politica-de-cookies and/or the corresponding Cookies Policy of each subdomain.